The list of summer academic programs was compiled from
flyers and emails sent to Montville High School from various colleges,
universities, towns and organizations.
It has been compiled to inform you of the various academic programs available for high school students for the summer of 2015.
As we receive information this document will be updated.
If you have any questions regarding the programs listed, please contact them directly.
Download summer academic programs packet.
SUMMER pROGRAMS & INFORMATION
Informational listing of area schools offering summer school - credit recovery programs.
East Lyme High School
East Lyme High School offers a CREDIT RECOVERY PROGRAM to provide students the opportunity to earn credit for required courses in which they were unsuccessful during the academic school year.
FITCH HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER SCHOOL
Groton Public School offers a summer school program for Credit Recovery courses, Enrichment courses, and a limited opportunity for advancement courses. Credit Recovery will be given first priority, followed by enrichment courses, and advancement courses. *Specific criteria, required substantiation, and written approval from sending school administration is needed for approval of enrollment in advancement course.
LEARN On-Line Summer School
Virtual Learning Academy - students have the opportunity to complete necessary coursework with just one requirement - an internet connection.
If you know of any students interested in Mitchell College's Student Transition Empowerment Program (STEP), students can get a step a head on your credits, step ahead on your experience, and be the one who knows how to navigate the world of Mitchell College life. Our program is all inclusive in design. The cost to attend is $5,200 and includes the following:
- Participate in daily readiness workshops.
- Earn three college credits in our unique liberal & professional studies course linked to our hands-on coastal ecology program.
- Live in our residence halls
- Meet your college friends
- Register for your classes early
- Participate in weekly and evening college programs.
- Enjoy our waterfront activities.
- 15 days of learning and fun on the southeastern Connecticut shoreline!
Questions? Call Kristina Smith at 860-701-5141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Naval Submarine Base
Red Cross Lifeguard Course
The MWR Aquatics Department at U.S. Naval Submarine Base New London is hosting an American Red Cross Lifeguard Course. Please pass this along to your students who might be interested in this career opportunity in learning a life skill.
Lifeguard jobs are in high demand!
American Red Cross certifications are recognized nationwide!
Lifeguard course (15 yrs +)
Register today for our American Red Cross Lifeguard course at the U.S. Naval Subase Swimming Pool. Military and Civilian patrons are welcome.
Civilians without Base access must provide their full names, dates of birth, place of birth and full SSN#'s to the MWR Aquatics Department at least 1 week prior to the first day of class.
Pre-test: Sunday, April 17th, 2016
Dates: Sundays; April 17th - May 22nd, 2016
Times: 9:00am to 1:00pm
Includes: Books, Certificates & Pocket Mask
Cost: $230.00(Mil), $250.00(Non-mil)
Payments: Credit cards & cash accepted, no checks please
1. 300-Yard Swim
- 300-yard continuous swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both.
- Swimming on the back or side is not permitted.
- Swim goggles are allowed.
2. Tread Water
- Must tread water for 2 minutes without support and without stopping.
- When treading, only the legs can be used.
- Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- The head must remain above the surface of the water.
3. Timed Event
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. The participants should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
For more information please Call the Subase Swimming Pool 860-694-3562 or Email us at:
Assistant Manager, Aquatics
MWR Fitness, Sports and Aquatics
Box 14, Bldg. 120
SUBASE NLON Swimming Pool
Groton, CT 06349