Please scroll for school hours. Please bring photo identification when visiting Oakdale Elementary School. Thank you.
It is our goal to facilitate the safest and most efficient arrival and drop-off procedures possible during this school year. Please read the dismissal procedures carefully.
- School begins promptly at 8:45.
- Students may be dropped off by vehicle at 8:30 AM on the back playground once an adult is present.
- Students are not to be dropped off until an adult begins supervising drop-off.
- Please say your goodbyes to your child prior to the time they are exiting the vehicle.
- Students are to exit vehicles ONLY on the passenger side once the vehicle has reached the drop off point.
- If your child cannot exit the car on the passenger side then you MUST park your car in a marked parking spot and escort your child through the parking lot to the entrance. We are trying to unload 5-6 cars at a time to keep the line moving. We cannot hold up the line or have any child in the path of moving cars. This will be strictly enforced.
- Cars will exit the parking lot in one line. Passing other vehicles in the line is strictly prohibited to ensure the safety of everyone.
- Students will be supervised in the gymnasium until school begins when they will be escorted to their classrooms.
- Drop-off ends promptly at 8:40 AM; after that time parents/guardians must park their car in a marked parking spot and escort their child through the parking lot all the way to entrance.
- Please do not park your car in a "no parking area" or alongside the sidewalk and do not drop your child off without an escort through the parking lot.
- Students walking to school will follow the sidewalks to the appropriate entrance.
School ends at 3:20. In order to load buses in a timely manner, the dismissal process will begin at 3:15. Students will be dismissed in one of the following ways:
Dismissal as a walker, with permission to walk off school grounds
- These are students walking off of school grounds every day.
- Walkers will be dismissed by a staff member through the entry/exit way in the front of the school.
- Students are not allowed to walk out of the building to a parked car without an escort.
Dismissal as a pick-up - These are students being picked up every day.
- Pick-ups will be dismissed by staff members in the cafeteria.
- Students who are picked up every day do not need to be signed out since you have indicated to us that your child's normal dismissal will be as a pick-up.
- You will enter the cafeteria through the back entrance.
- You may park your car in the back on the upper-grade playground, if you'd like.
- A staff member will greet you at the door and you will be asked to wait in the back of the cafeteria towards the doors.
- Students will enter the cafeteria and report to a grade level table near the stage.
- The staff member will greet your child at the table, make eye contact with you and release the child to you.
- You may leave through the same doors you entered.
Dismissal as a bus rider - Students who ride an assigned bus every day.
- Bus riders will be dismissed by staff members to their assigned buses.
Dismissal as an occasional pick-up - Students being picked up outside of their normal routines.
- Occasional pick-ups will be dismissed by the secretary in the office.
- These students must be signed out to indicate there has been a change in their normal routine.
- They will be called by name to the office when walkers and pick-ups are dismissed.
Please send a note to school with your child if there is a change in the typical routine. Please refrain from calling the school to make transportation changes during the school day unless it is an emergency. Changes to dismissal will not occur without a note or email; we understand that emergencies may arise, but repeated changes become disruptive.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, you may call the office at (860) 859-1800.
**Please bring photo identification when visiting our school.**
Grades K to 5: 8:45 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
A.M. Pre-K: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
P.M. Pre-K: 12:35 p.m. to 3:05 p.m.
Half Days & Early Dismissals
Grades K to 5: Dismissal at 12:25 p.m. Lunch will be served.
A.M. Pre-K: Dismissal at 10:40 a.m.
No PM Pre-K session.
Please email daily dismissal changes to both secretaries: OakdaleOffice2@montvilleschools.org Handwritten notes are good too!
Two Hour Delay Start Time
Grades K to 5: 10:45 a.m.
No A.M. Pre-K
P.M. Pre-K 12:35 p.m. (regular start time)LATE START Snow days are inevitable. School may be closed, have a late start or an early dismissal. Any late starts will be a 2 hour delay. School will start at 10:45
a.m. When these situations occur, announcements are broadcast on the following TV and radio stations: TV: WFSB Channel 3, WTNH Channel 8, WVIT Channel 30 ***Sign up for text alerts: WFSB, WTNH, WVIT***Radio: 980 AM, 1310 AM, 97.7 FM, 98.3 FM, 98.7 FM, 100.9 FM, 102.3 FM, 105.5 FM NOTE: In the event of early dismissal due to inclement weather, parents are advised to have PREVIOUS ARRANGEMENTS for students to follow when the parent will not be home. All late openings will be a 2 hour delay.