The Sunday edition of the Norwich Bulletin contains a listing of organizations seeking volunteers.
The following is a list of various organizations seeking volunteers:
The William W. Backus Hospital Junior Volunteer Program gives high school students the opportunity to explore careers firsthand, as well as provide service to the hospital and our patients.
Junior Volunteer Program / Summer
The program provides high school students the opportunity to learn new skills, develop new interests, and make new friends. If you enjoy the satisfaction that comes from helping others, you will enjoy being part of The William W. Backus Hospital Junior Volunteer Program.
Juniors begin their duties as soon as they complete their orientation in June, and can continue through the fall, winter and spring months, after school on weekdays, and school vacations.
If you have questions, contact Volunteer & Guest Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 823-6320.
Habitat for Humanity of
- Volunteers 14 and older can volunteer at the ReStore.
- Volunteers 16 and older can volunteer on the construction site.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must volunteer with an adult.
There is a short 3 step process to get ready to get ready to volunteer
1. Training – There is a short training that all new volunteers need to do before volunteering on site. The training can be done online. You can view it by clicking here.
2. Waiver - Each volunteer will need to fill out and sign a waiver. Click here to view it. Please bring it the first time volunteering.
3. Sign Up - Once you have gone through training you can sign up to volunteer whenever you would like. The calendar is online so that you can sign up at your convince.
To sign up online
- go to www.habitatect.org
- click the Volunteer UP link in the top right side of the screen.
- Log In or Register if you are new to this system and return to the calendar
- Click the day that you would like to volunteer under the column for the project you would like to volunteer at
- This will take you to a screen with information about the day
- Input a team name if you have one, choose an e-mail reminder and then choose “sign up”
- You should see a page that says “sign up confirmation”.
If you do not see “sign up confirmation”, fix the error indicated and click “sign up” again.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need any additional information from me. I would also be happy to send you flyers, if that is helpful.
Director of Program Services
Habitat for Humanity of Eastern Connecticut
377 Broad Street
New London, CT 06320
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/habitatect
Habitat for Humanity of Eastern Connecticut is partnering with Charter Oak Credit Union Members to double your impact by doubling your donation. Click here to learn more.
High Hopes Therapeutic Riding Inc.
EXPERIENCE THE MAGIC ~ BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Make a difference in the life of someone with disabilities by volunteering at High Hopes Therapeutic Riding; Inc.
- Horse Care
- Summer Camp
- Special Events
Mitchell Farms, Salem, CT
F.R.E.S.H New London, New London, CT
[Food: Resources, Education, Security, Health]
Care & Share, East Lyme, CT