Message from the Principal 09.04.19
Welcome back for the 2019-2020 school year. Here is your first edition of the Paw Print, our weekly newsletter. Keep your eyes open for the Paw Print, which is sent home electronically on Wednesdays.
- Thank you for your patience over the past week as we have solidified the procedures for arrival and dismissal. A message was sent home on Friday with the procedures.
- The following are the prices for breakfast and lunch this year:
Elementary breakfast $1.75, reduced breakfast $.30
Elementary lunch $3.00, reduced lunch price $.40
Please be advised that ice cream is sold on Fridays. Kindergarten students will be able to buy ice cream beginning in October so they have time to get used to the routines in the cafeteria before being able to get up and buy ice cream after lunch.
- Students will be learning the school-wide rules/expectations during school this week. As part of our Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) program, students are recognized for making good choices by earning Oakdale Tiger Paws. When a classroom earns 100 paws, they are rewarded with a paw charm for their PBIS necklace. If your child has their necklace from last year, we ask that they bring it to school with them this week so they can continue adding paws to it. If your child is a kindergarten student, new to the school, or does not have their necklace at home then we will be giving them a necklace soon. We can't wait to start earning those paws!
- Here are a couple of important dates:
- Open House: Wed., 9/11, 5:15-6:15 p.m. Students are welcome to attend with their families to give a tour of the school and make a visit to the classroom.
- Summer Reading Logs are due to the classroom teacher by Friday, September 6th.
Funny Friday Joke: What do you call a dinosaur that is sleeping? A dino-snore.
Look out for the spirit wear flyers to be sent home with students within the next week. We have some fresh new designs for you to choose from.
~The PTO is looking for volunteers for upcoming events and fundraisers. Be sure to stop by the PTO table at open house to see how you can get involved.
~Continue to clip box tops while you can. Box Tops are going digital. Be sure to download the Box Top For Education App and select Oakdale Elementary as your school. Whenever you buy items with the Box Top logo you will now need to scan your receipt and the money from those items will be put into our account.
2019-2020 Oakdale Elementary PTO Board
President: Shannan Moreau
Vice President: Gretchen Brochu
Secretary: Amber Coombe
Co-Treasurers: Kristy Feragne & Rae-Ellen Roy
Please email the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tee Shirt Fundraiser (free shipping 3/22/19 - 4/8/19)