Lots more info in the side links!
Please bring your photo ID when visiting Oakdale School.
Kindly notify the webmaster if you experience difficulty with links or content. Thank you.
District Calendar 2018-2019
Specials Schedule Coming Soon
Breakfast $1.50, Lunch $2.60 Checks payable to: Montville Schools Nutrition Program
- FAQ: Free and Reduced School Lunch Meals - updating
- Free and Reduced-Priced Lunch Application 2018-2019 - updating
- Lunch is served on half days and early dismissal days.
- My Payments Plus Online lunch pre-payment
- Wellness/Food Policy Information - See Below (Outside food restrictions)
Fridays, 8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. Closed when we have a delayed start. Items run from 5 cents to $1.50.
School Spirit: The first Wednesday of every month is Wear Your School Colors Day. Wear blue and yellow, or blue, or yellow. GO TIGERS!!
Bus Garage - Transportation 860.848.3878
With the exception of snack and lunch, no outside food may be brought into school from outside sources. This change is to assure consistent procedures across the school district, to align our procedures with the Child Nutrition Programs, The Dietary Guidelines for Americans, and federal, state, and local requirements. Furthermore, our Wellness Policy No. 6142 states: Foods and beverages made available on campus during the school day are consistent with the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans and also states ALL foods prepared on campus adhere to food health and safety guidelines. This would include all birthday and classroom celebrations. One option would be to purchase food choices from our cafeteria which would automatically adhere to the various guidelines. Another option would be to look at alternative celebration ideas outside of food choices.
Here are some alternative suggestions for celebrations:
- Bring age-appropriate "food-less goodies," such as pencils, bookmarks, or stickers.
- Provide supplies for a simple, fun classroom activity.
- Make a small gift in your child's name to the classroom such as art supplies, posters, or books. Be sure to check with the teacher for anything that might be especially needed.
- Donate a book to the school library.
- Check with school nutrition services to see what fresh items or other healthy snacks they can provide for a reasonable fee.