Ecology: Terrariums, observations, pollutants, experiment with pollution, Long Island Sound issues.
- Astronomy: Moon, seasons, time zones, earth's revolution, sun, moon, earth positions, moon phases, tides, eclipses
- Electricity: Automic structure, static electricity, simple circuits, symbols, series and parallel circuits, switches, conductors, resistance, fuses
- Magnetism: Attraction, magnetic fields, measuring force of attraction, repulsion, temporary magnets, separate mixture using magnetism, electromagnetism
- Ocean: Water on the planet, composition of sea water, properties of sea water, maping the sea floor, water cycle, waves, currents, tides
Language Arts Curriculum:
Language Arts Curriculum in the fifth grade is based on the Imagine It! program focusing on vocabulary, grammar, reading fluency and comprehension skills.
Six themes are covered during the year:
- Energy At Work
- Making A New Nation
- Going West
- Call of Dury
- Our Corner of the Universe
Math Curriculum:Eureka Math - details coming soon
Social Studies and Health Topics are reviewed through the Imagine It! units.