Curriculum and Instruction
The Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum Instruction has oversight in all matters pertaining to curriculum planning and development, program monitoring, professional development, and instructional leadership as related to each subject area. The Assistant Superintendent works with teachers and administrators on:
- Development and revision of curriculum documents;
- Use of assessment data to evaluate efficacy of educational programs and monitor student learning;
- Design of professional development programs to ensure teachers are trained to implement effective instructional strategies;
- Planning for intervention programs for students working below grade level;
- Development of instructional budgets, and
- Selection and implementation of instructional technology.
The Assistant Superintendent can provide information regarding instructional programs adopted by the district, curriculum units, pacing guides, and assessments used by the district to evaluation student progress.
eMail Laurie Pallin