Principal Amy Espinoza
500 Chesterfield Road, Oakdale, CT 06370
Phone: 860-848-9241 | Fax: 860-848-1703
Please bring a photo ID when visiting Murphy School.
Grades K to 5 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Please email daily dismissal changes to Murphy Office <firstname.lastname@example.org> or call
860-848-9241 no later than 2 p.m.
Half Days & Early Dismissals
Grades K to 5 Dismissal at 12:30 p.m. (Kindergarten walker dismissals begin at 12:20 p.m.)
Two Hour Delay Start Time
Grades K to 5 10:45 a.m.
School begins at 8:45 a.m.
Student drop off begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 8:45 a.m.
When dropping off your student, please enter the parking lot the way you normally do, please drive very slowly behind the building, through the upper grade playground towards the front of the school. Staff will be waiting in the grass on the side of the building across from where our “red toy” is located. Please have your child exit through the driver’s side of the car so they do not have to cross in front of vehicles. We will have someone directing traffic so that buses can safely exit in the same lane.
After 8:45 a.m. please park your car in the lower parking lot and walk the student to the front doors. Please ring the buzzer so that you may enter the building to sign-in your student.
DISMISSAL 3:15 p.m. (Kindergarteners and their sibling dismissals begin at 3:10 p.m.)
We continue to work on making our dismissal go more smoothly, thank you for your patience and understanding. With over a third of our students being picked up this year, we remain concerned about their safety in what would be a very busy parking lot.
- If you are picking up a KINDERGARTEN and FIRST GRADE STUDENT AND THEIR SIBLING ONLY, please enter the parking lot the way you normally do, please proceed to the back of the building and remain in your vehicle. KINDERGARTEN AND FIRST GRADE STUDENTS AND THEIR SIBLINGS ONLY will be dismissed through the cafeteria doors. Please have a sign visible to help staff match you to your child. You will then proceed slowly around the back of the building, through the upper grade playground and exit with a slight right in the front of the building. There will be a staff member directing you out into the driveway when it is safe to do so, as buses will be exiting in the same lane.
- If you are picking up students in GRADES 2-5 AND THEIR SIBLINGS, please enter the parking lot the way you normally do, please proceed through the basketball courts and into the loop. Please have a sign visible to help staff match you and your child. Please remain in your vehicle.
- If you are walking your child home, they will report to the front foyer when their grade level pick up peers are dismissed. Please do not park and get out to collect your child as we will have to ask you to wait until all children are dismissed.
Please send a note to school if there are to be any changes to regular dismissal routines or bus numbers. Please call the bus garage to inform them of any bus changes 860-848-3878. Also notify the office and/or teacher of bus changes.
Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the office at 860-848-9241.
- Take exit #79/CT-163/Uncasville/Montville.
- Turn right onto Oakdale Rd (CT-163). Go for 2.4 mi
- Bear left onto Chesterfield Rd. Go for 2.4 mi
- Your destination on Chesterfield Rd is on the left.
View Larger Map