The administration believes that communication between the school and the home is a very important factor in the success of your child. We will make every reasonable effort to keep you informed about your child during the school year. We also ask that you call us should you need help on any matter pertaining to Montville High School.
The education of our youth is a community effort and continues to be a priority. To this end, the governance, residents, and resources of our community are utilized as needed to support the school’s endeavors.
Opportunities for Parent involvement:
Information for students and parents:
- School Counseling Department
- Office of Special Education
- Service Programs
- Course Selection Instructions for Students grades 9-11
- Educational Program Book
- Sample Course Registration Forms
Post University, Waterbury, CT
Onsite Decision Day
MHS: March 14, 2014 at 10:30 In the Career Resource Center
To help students get a jumpstart on the college admission process, we've scheduled an onsite decisions day at MHS on Friday, March 14 at 10:30 in the Career Resource Center, room 309.
Students wishing to attend the event need to sign up through their Naviance Family Connection Account.
Sign in, Select the College tab and under "upcoming college visits" select Post University.
Bring the following materials to the decision day.
- Completed Post University Application.
Pick up your "fee waived" application today, in the MHS Career Resource Center, room 309.
- Official HS transcript
- SAT / ACT Score
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Personal Essay (Optional)
This is an opportunity for students to showcase their attributes, and discuss academic successes or missteps in person with a Post University Counselor, in a comfortable environment.
- Each student will have an interview with a Post University admissions counselor to share information about him or herself and ask questions about our programs.
- After the interview all students will receive an official decision letter
- Accepted students will receive information on merit-based scholarships, upcoming events and enrollment procedures.
Post University Representative: Jennifer Anilowskis, email@example.com / 203-596-8329
College Planning Night 2013
Was held on Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at 7 PM
Visit the website to view the evenings handouts.
OFFICE OF SPECIAL EDUCATION - Eileen Richmond
UCPREP @ UCONN
A summer transitions program for rising high school juniors an seniors and entering college freshmen with disabilities.
July 20 - July 25, 2014
Preparing for the transition from school to adult life, Danielson
Using Transitional Coursework in high school to improve college success
- Special Education day at the State Capitol
- Preparing for the transition from school to adult life, Westbrook
- Current legal issues and secondary transition
- A place to live that I can call home, Cromwell
- Transition Resource Expo, Trumbull
- Seeking Youth with Disabilities for a Youth Advisory board, 3/22/14 - www.regionline.com/NEYAB
- Transition Expo 2014, Meriden
- CT Achievement through technology conference, Cromwell, 4/1/14 - www.cttechact.com/conference
- Transitions to college for students with disabilities, 4/8/14 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conference on Serving adults with disabilities, 5/1/14, Westbrook - www.crec.org/disabilities
- West Hartford Transition Fair, 5/12
- Preparing for the road ahead: Helping students to transition to college and careers conference
5/30/14, UCONN, Storrs
- UCREP @ UCONN, July 20-25, 2014, www.csd.uconn.edu
- And additional Information
United Community Family Services (UCFS)
Smiles on the Move In-School Dental Program
Provides full preventive dental services (cleaning, exam, x-rays, fluoride and sealants) and is open to children of all ages and all insurance types. Move in-school dental program is scheduled to visit the Montville school district in April.
Parents can visit our website at http://www.ucfs.org/Services/In-School_Dental/index.shtml to print out a Smiles on the Move Enrollment Form, Smiles on the Move Brochure.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to call us!
Kelcey Johnson, Project Assistant
United Community Family Services (UCFS)
47 Town Street, Norwich, CT 06360
860-822-4943 – Phone / 860-892-7043 – Fax / www.ucfs.org
Montville School Nutrition Program is meeting tough new federal nutrition standards for school meals, ensuring that meals are healthy and well-balanced and provide students all the nutrition they need to succeed at school.
Reduced Lunch Applications
Students that have not turned in and been approved for free or reduced meal rates from a new 2012-13 Meal Application soon will have to pay full price for meals. Please COMPLETE AND RETURN YOUR APPLICATION NOW. Applications are available on the www.montvilleschools.org webpage see nutrition, or from the cafeteria cashier, and in the front office. THEY MAY BE TURNED IN ALL YEAR IF YOUR HOUSEHOLD INCOME OR SIZE CHANGES.
Construction Career Days
May 14-15, 2014 from 8 AM - 2 PM on the Durham Fair Grounds
In Partnership with: Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. and Porter and Chester Institute
Construction Career Days are back! Join us for the 3rd Annual Construction Career Days for the most
hands-on, innovative and exciting two-day student expo in the area. Students can OPERATE a skid steer,
excavator and crane simulator; CLIMB a United Illuminating utility pole; BUILD a masonry wall; CUT tile;
REV a Chevy engine; JACK HAMMER; SOLDER; USE a variety of power tools…and more! Now is the time
to expose today’s students to tomorrow’s careers in construction.
Additional Information: Suzanne O'Brien, 860-838-6231