Curriculum and Instruction
The Director of Curriculum and Instruction works under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent of Schools and has oversight in all matters pertaining to curriculum planning and development, program monitoring, professional development, and instructional leadership as related to each subject area. The Director of Curriculum and Instruction works with teachers and administrators on:
- Development and revision of curriculum documents;
- Use of assessment data to evaluate efficacy of educational programs and monitor student learning;
- Design of professional development programs to ensure teachers are trained to implement effective instructional strategies;
- Planning for intervention programs for students working below grade level;
- Development of instructional budgets, and
- Selection and implementation of instructional technology.
The Director of Curriculum and Instruction can provide information regarding instructional programs adopted by the district, curriculum units, pacing guides, and assessments used by the district to evaluation student progress.
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
eMail Laurie Pallin