Financial Aid Workshop
MHS Dept. of School Counseling and Core Plus Credit Union are hosted a Financial Aid Workshop / "How to Prepare, Pay and Stay in College" an education loan program.
No date set for 2016
The workshop offered a comprehensive synopsis of financial aid opportunities.Topics include:
- Types and sources of financial aid
- When and how to apply
- Completing the FAFSA
- Local, state, and national scholarships
- Handling the cost
The evenings presenters were:
and MHS Dept. of School Counseling.
The following are the evening handouts from the 2015 Financial Aid Workshop
- Presentation by Tracie McGetrick Student Choice (PDF download)
- Counseling & Career Scholarship Newsletter (web link)
- What is Financial Aid?
- Montville High School Scholarship Application, Deadline: April 1, 2016
- Isaac Emerson Palmer Scholarship Application, Deadline: April 1, 2016
- Sheehan Family Trust Scholarship, Deadline: March 11, 2016
- Rotary Club of Montville, Deadline: April 24, 2016
- Are you Ready for College - Family connection Publication (PDF download)
- Funding your Education: The Guide to Federal Student Aid (PDF download)
- Money and College: Eight Crucial Questions for Parents and Children - Wealth Management Report
- Paying for College, Your Guide to State & Federal College Aid Programs (PDF download)
- Preparing for your senior year in high school (PDF Download)
- Direct Loan Basics for Students (PDF download)
- Direct Loan Basics for Parents (PDF download)
Other publications of interest:
- College & Career Planning Guide (PDF download)
- Life After High School (PDF download)
- Parent College Prep (PDF download)
- College Prep Check List (PDF download)
- Connecticut Career Paths 2016 (PDF download)
- Questions to Ask When Choosing a College (PDF download)
- NCAA Eligibility Center (web link)
- NCAA Reference Guides (PDF download)
- Three Rivers Transfer opportunities(PDF web link)
- Financial Aid Resources (PDF download)
- Know How 2 Go: Middle & High School Students - Getting Ready (Web link)
- Know How 2 Go - the 4 steps to college (PDF Download)
- New England Tuition Break for CT Residents (PDF Download)
- FAFSA: FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- Fastweb.com Articles
- The Beginner’s Guide to Financial Aid
- 15 Financial Aid Questions You Need to Ask
- Answers to Introductory Questions about Financial Aid for College
- Do You Really Need Reasons to File Your FAFSA?
- 10 Easy-to-Make, Easy-to-Avoid Financial Aid Blunders
- Making Smarter Loan Decisions
- Evaluating Financial Aid Award Letters
- New England Tuition Break for CT Residents
FAFSA: Before - During - After
January 20, 2016
Completing the FAFSA can be a daunting task for families, but it doesn’t have to be. Student Choice’s College Access Counselor, Patricia Poplicean, will be leading a FREE national webinar on January 20th, 2016 at 1pm ET and 6pm ET, in an effort to help educate families about the financial aid process. This informational webinar will take college-bound students and parents through each step of completing the FAFSA – their gateway to FREE financial aid.
The presentation will highlight:
- The latest Federal updates
- What is the FAFSA?
- How to prepare for the FAFSA
- Tips on completing the FAFSA
- What happens next?
If you or someone you know could benefit from this webinar, register today!
For additional assistance or to speak with our Collage Access Counselor, visit http://tinyurl.com/oqxvw5f and submit your question or schedule an appointment.
Back to MHS Home page