Mission and Expectations
Oakdale Elementary School is a diverse community of lifelong learners. We provide a safe, nurturing and positive environment in which all members are encouraged and motivated to achieve their true potential. Students are inquisitive and active learners who are provided with multiple opportunities to become successful. We thrive in an atmosphere of mutual respect and strong family and community involvement.
In order to achieve this vision, the school community will:
- Maintain high expectations and instill a sense of self-motivation to achieve academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Promote good citizenship by modeling cooperation, mutual respect, and kindness.
- Demonstrate appreciation of diverse student and family needs.
- Provide opportunities for family and community to be actively involved in the daily education and social growth of the Oakdale community.
- Promote independence and a love for learning that extends beyond the school and local community.
- Provide a curriculum that is continually revised, reflective of research, and responsive to student needs.
- Foster meaningful collaboration for the promotion of academic, ethical, social, emotional, and physical development of each child.
- Provide a positive, orderly environment to ensure safety for all.
- Model, guide, and support positive decision-making skills.
- Instill open communication while respecting the confidentiality of student and family communication.
- Maintain high expectations for staff members, seeking opportunities for continued professional growth.