Welcome to Mohegan Elementary School
When I first visited Mohegan, I was struck by the warm and inviting atmosphere. All the children and adults greeted me with a smile and such welcoming words.
As I continue to get to know Mohegan School here are some of the things that will become quickly apparent as you walk through our doors:
- A kid-friendly K-5 atmosphere where staff members strive to create the best learning environment for each individual child
- A PTO that is actively involved with providing enrichment opportunities for your children and whose members are visible and a vital part of the school's climate
- A commitment shared by all to educate the whole child by meeting academic, social-emotional, and physical needs that are essential to life-long learning
- A strong PBIS (Positive Behavior Incentive Supports) system that is based on the values of respect and safety, sets high expectations, and rewards positive behavior through the use of wolf paws, classroom incentives, and school-wide celebrations
- Daily opportunities to create, move, and extend thinking through art, music, physical education, media, and technology
We continue to fully align the Imagine It language arts curriculum with the Common Core State Standards and implement Eureka Math to provide an integrated and deeper learning experience for your children.
As your principal, I look forward to facilitating a rewarding partnership between school and home. I invite you to join me in becoming part of the dynamic learning community at Mohegan Elementary School. Please stop in to say hello or email me with any questions you may have.
William G. Klinefelter email@example.com